Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Brave Coward...

If I were to be drafted to the Vietnam War in 1968, I would not risk my life to fight for something I know little about. I would burn my draft card and join a protest. I wouldn't want to leave to Canada because I wouldn't want to leave my family behind, and I would like to stand up for the people who is scared of joining the war but feel as though they have to. To the people who believe in the war, I might be a coward. I agree with Tim O'Brien when he talks about them. He says the people who support the war should fight in it with their families, rather than having us fight. To him, his life was over. He talked about how he rode around aimlessly, feeling sorry for himself. I think that'll bring more shame to my family than anything. I wouldn't cry because they can't make me join the war. I'd rather stand up for myself, than join with the rest of the group who's playing follow the leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment