Wednesday, October 15, 2014

War can make you and break you



If I were a 19 year old in 1970 I would stay in the united states and burn my pass draft card and protest because I wouldn't run to Canada for the fact that I have no family there and I would have to start from the ground to work my way up to live with no help, I also couldn't leave my family that would be the hardest thing for me. In listing in the army would not be a choice for me I would rather be put in jail before I fight in a war I could careless about. My biggest question is why are we fighting another country instead of trying to solve any conflict we may have.


My choice from Tim O'Brien is different because he would rather stay and fight rather than take his chances in jail he has more bravery than I do because I would be worried about losing a body part or getting hurt period.

No comments:

Post a Comment