Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I would be a fool; I'd Fight in the war


If I were a 19 year old in 1970 and just received my notice that I had been drafted into the Vietnam War, I would fight in the war. I wouldn't have the resources or the materials to leave the Country. It's to much to leave the country and not know if I would ever come home and see my family again. That would devastate me which would led to me making the same decision as Tim O'Brien and go to Vietnam. I also agree with Tim O'Brien that going to the war makes me a coward. It shows that I'm afraid of the U.S government and instead of standing up for what I believe in I would be going to fight for a country that's making a bad decision. Tim O'Brien and I also don't want to leave because I would be leaving my family and I don't know what to do without them. Going to Canada though there's a chance I would never bee allowed back. So going to the war would at least let me see my family in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment