Friday, April 8, 2016

Dosnt really matter?

"In The End" by Linkin Park from their  HYBRID THEORY  is a song that was a safety net for me when I was in a dark place.  This song is about building something up but watching it fall apart in the end.  When I first heard this song I was 13 or 14 and in a dark place in my life.  I thought I was the only person in the world that had these felling.  This song was a slap in the face that I wasn't alone.  He raps,


Time is a valuable thing watch it fly by as the pendulum swingswatch it count down to the end of the day the clock ticks life away

This line is talking about how you cant get back time that you have wasted and you cant buy it back.  That if you put your time and effort into something, you might not get anything out of it and you cant do anything about it.  This adds to the song because it makes you think about times where you were trying to do something but "In the End" nothing came out of it or it went down in flames. He raps, 


One thing, I don't know why  
It doesn't even matter how hard you try

This line talks about hoe everything in life is chance and their is nothing you can do about it. 
The singer is accepting that.  This adds to the song because we cant waste are time thinking about the what ifs in life, you have to keep going.  He sings, 


Things aren’t the way they were beforeYou wouldn’t even recognize me anymoreNot that you knew me back then

 This line talks is pretty straight forward but it still has a lot of meaning.  It talks about how, whoever the singer is singing about, wont recognize them anymore because the  time changed them.  This adds to the song because its 100% True when you get hurt you change complete emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment