Tuesday, April 5, 2016





 Lil Durk- "Intro"

    Lil Durk has had his success in the little career that he had in the Industry. Lil Durk or Durk Banks Born October. 19th, 1999... Durk Banks is 21 and his career took off after he got out of jail when he was 17. When Durk career blew up he made an album to tribute to all the family he lost, the album was called " 300 days and 300 nights".... One song that really stuck out to was the intro to basically start the album off.  Also "300 days and 300 nights" talks about Durk, where he lived and all the close family that he lost because they were killed.


The most prominent poetic used in the first part of the song was Hyperbole.
Lil Durk open verse line:

My niggas too trill
300 niggas too real
300 niggas too real (Yeah)

Pluto be t'ed off the Remy

Next, Lil Durk was writing this intro song to start of the Album, and basically letting his fans know what his album was going to be about. The Intro song was dedicated to his father that is in jail and all the people that he lost in his family that is is really close to him.  In this song he goes back to when he was growing up with his cousins that have died, mentioning them throughout the song. This one song to me really describes how much Lil Durk is for his family and how he puts family first through every situation.


In Lil Durk first line he talks about his all the people he lost to the violence of Chicago, in on of the lines Lil Durk says:


And I'm hard body, man I miss him


This Line Durk is basically saying no matter how hard he can act he gone always miss the people he lost that was so close to him. I feel like this can relate to me and all the deaths that have happened or took place in my family, you try to act hard but at the end of the day, it's just too hard and you're going to crack down. This is a reason why I listen to Lil Durk because every verse and every line I feel like I can relate. In this Lil Durk uses Hyperbole again to to talk about his life.


To end the song off Durk say's in his last verse:


  Niggas be tweakin' get money
Lil nigga chill out on that killin'
The murder capital so ridiculous
I swear I was grindin' for dimes and nickels
I swore I'd never drop a dime on a nigga
(Let's Get It! x3)
Want a war? I'll never waste time on a nigga
Let's Get It! let's get it

Last, but not least. In Durk's last  verse he talks about Chicago and how they put a name on Chicago calling it the Murder Capital, which is ad because as people that live in Chicago we should want nothing like this said about our city. Lil Durk also talks about how the kids or the teens doing the calling need to focus on something else in his words "they need to focus on money" . 






In 4 minutes and 24 seconds Lil Durk talked about his life, where he is from, and all the family that he lost due to the violence in Chicago.


No comments:

Post a Comment