Sunday, October 25, 2015

Race analysis




The very first time i became aware how important my race was in this world was in the 5th grade. One day I went to target with my brother and dad , while me and my dad were walking around the clothing area my older brother Brandon was in the Video game section. My brother Brandon has never stolen a thing in his life and was a good kid , a football player. I walk around the isles to be with my brother in the video game section and I see he's talking to a tall skinny white man. Finally i go and stand next to my brother and hear their conversation my brother asks this guy to open the glass case so he can get the video game and the guy keeps telling him “i don't have to do what you tell me boy.” My brother starts calling my dads name .. my dad runs over angrily because he had to run over he asks “what's wrong son”. The tall man that worked there calls security and says “ we have three crazy black people in the electronic area”, my dad gets outraged and starts screaming and cursing. The security comes up and asks if everything is okay and my dad whips his badge out and says “yes everything is okay” the target guy slowly asks my dad if was a cop and my dad says no i'm a sheriff for cook county. My older brother flips the guy off and we walk out and go get food at Chili's but on the ride there my dad gave me a speech about people like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment